The title of the article come from Financial Advisor IQ, but it’s a take-off on a blog post at the Huffington Post. The article makes the point that
Some $25 trillion will be passed to women over the next two decades as a result of divorce, the death of a spouse or other inheritance …
That’s a big number. And the author’s point is one that we have experienced at Korving & Company,
Oftentimes, these women are not actively involved in either the day-to-day management of their household money or the management of their investments. While they may have considerable assets to meet their financial requirements, they’re starting from a handicapped point of view, both from an educational standpoint as well as an emotional one.
What do we recommend?
- Don’t make big decisions quickly
- Get a financial advisor if you don’t already have one.
- Work with your advisor to create a plan and a budget
- Meet regularly with your financial advisor
- Keep all your financial assets in a brokerage or bank account
And get a copy or our book: Before I Go by contacting us via our website.